2021-01-19 (C) Questetra, Inc. (MIT License)
The Addon-import feature is available with Professional or Enterprise edition.
- Invoicer can automate billing operations using the PayPal Invoicing via Invoices API.
- The invoices are controlled by a 24-character ID (e.g. “INV2-Z56S-5LLA-Q52L-CPZ5”)
- This addon requires the CLIENT-ID and SECRET. (Get on the dashboard)
- Developer Dashboard -> My apps & credentials -> REST API Apps (Live mode)
- Terminology in this addon is based on Invoices API v2 (2019-04).
- Be careful when migrating from implementations prior to April 2019.
- e.g. “merchant” to “invoicer”
- e.g. “billing info” to “recipient”
- When PayPal emails the recipient, the invoice moves from draft to payable state.
- To move from a draft to payable state, the SEND INVOICE action is required.
- Invoice Status: DRAFT, SCHEDULED, SENT, PAID, MARKED_AS_PAID, CANCELLED, REFUNDED,,
- However, if “invoice_date” is set, automatically sent at 7:00 of Invoicer time zone
- The URL for viewing the invoice differs between the recipient and the invoicer.
- recipient_view_url: https://www.paypal.com/invoice/p/#XXXX5MHSXXXXMXJH
- invoicer_view_url: https://www.paypal.com/invoice/details/INV2-XXXX-5MHS-XXXX-MXJH
- To request API in Sandbox mode (instead of Live mode)
- Set CLIENT-ID and SECRET for Sandbox
- Edit Access URLs to “api.sandbox.paypal.com” (‘postUri1’ and ‘postUri2’)
- PayPal API Reference “Send invoice” /v2/invoicing/invoices