Previously, I have posted an article concerning a collaboration between Zendesk and Questetra. (How to Collaborate Zendesk with Cloud Workflow) This post is a continuation of it, and I am going to achieve the following.
- Once creating a ticket on Zendesk, send its data to Questetra and Start a Workflow
- Proceed the work according to Workflow in Questetra
- When work is completed on Questetra, send the data to Zendesk and update the ticket status to Solved
In the mechanism of ticket management including Zendesk, you can not stipulate the order of processing or work in progress to be carried out without delay. By combining with Questetra, you can supplement for such aspect.
I will describe how to configure that collaboration.
1. How to Start Questetra Workflow from Zendesk
It will be accomplished by sending an HTTP request from Zendesk to Questetera.
Please refer to the previous post for the details.
2. How to update tickets on Zendesk from Questetra
It will be accomplished by sending an HTTP request from Questetera to REST API of Zendesk.
This time I prepared an Add-on for updating tickets on Zendesk.
* By the way, it can also be realized with “Throwing Message Intermediate Event (HTTP)” or “Script Task” instead of utilizing an Add-on.
Related document: M225: Auto Sending of HTTP Request with Business data Inserted
Related document: M230: Auto Executing Complicated Data Processing (ECMAScript)
Concerning authentication and details of API of Zendesk, please refer to the following.
Zendesk document: Core API Introduction
Zendesk document: API reference – Update Ticket
* Note that configuration on Zendesk for accepting API is necessary.
First, import an Add-on for updating Zendesk tickets.
Download the Add-on file below and import it to Questetra App in reference to this page (M415).
Config items are as the following.
I hope that this simple sample App archive will also help you.
Thus, we have accomplished a collaboration such as Zendesk -> Questetra -> Zendesk.
By all means, please try utilizing it.
If you have any question, please feel free to Contact us.