Service Task (Start Child Process)
An automatic step that sends an HTTP request to Message Start Event (HTTP) on the same workflow platform. You can easily establish an inter-app connection simply by setting the send data. In addition, it is capable of waiting for the Child Process launched by HTTP requests to complete and retrieve data from it. When a workflow App including Message Start Event (HTTP) is released, the corresponding Service Task is automatically generated.
- A [Service Task (Start Child Process)] is automatically generated for each [Message Start Event (HTTP)] in a [Released] App
- If a [Message Start Event (HTTP)] on the receiving side is deleted then the corresponding [Service Task (Start Child Process)] will also be removed automatically
- The name of the [Service Task (Start Child Process)] is the App ID App Name Node Number : Step Name
- The app designer specifies the Data Items and values to be sent to the Child Process on the [Values to Pass to Child process] tab in the [Service Task (Start Child Process)] settings on the sending side
- Only Data Items that are editable at the [Message Start Event (HTTP)] on the receiving side are subject to configuration on the sending side
- For Title and String-type single line Data Items on the sending side, EL expressions are acceptable
- If the outgoing HTTP request data does not meet the Data Item constraints, such as required settings and minimum/maximum character length, the Process will not start
- You can avoid unnecessary errors by setting the Data Item to be sent to the same as the Data Item on the receiving side
- If you turn on the [P2: Wait for Started Child Process to finish] option on the [Values to receive from Child process] tab, processing will stay until the started child process finishes.
- When the termination of the child process is detected, it accesses the child process, acquires data, and saves it in the specified Data Item
- Only the data permitted by [Data Visibility from Parent Process] in the [Message Start Event (HTTP)] property of the child process app can be acquired
- When [Service Task (Start Child Process)] is executed in a debug Process, the started child Process will also be a debug Process
- (“Questetra-Debug: true” header is added to outgoing requests)
1 thought on “Service Task (Start Child Process)”
Pingback: Message Start Event (HTTP) – Questetra Support
Comments are closed.