- Regular expressions can be used to restrict the input data to specific formats such as email addresses, zip codes, etc.
- String-type Data Items can be used in conjunction with some Service Tasks (such as Message Start Event (email)) to retain data received from external sources
- R2051: Input Control and System Limits
- R2053: Format of the Dynamic Initial Value
- R2272: Automatic Assignment to String Type
- M205: Business Data Items
- M206: Mandatory Check and Input Format Check on Each Data Item
- M207: Setting Initial Values of Data Items