Data Item: String-Type
Displays a text field that accepts any character type. Available in both a single line and multiple line format. You can type into editable String-type Data Items and the input will be saved when the task is either completed or saved.
- In order to input/edit a Data Item, the editing permission at the Task must have been set to “Editable”
- The maximum number of characters that can be entered in one Data Item is 1 million
- Regular expressions can be used to restrict the input data to specific formats such as email addresses, zip codes, etc.
- The initial value in String-type Data Item is limited to 8000 characters and an error occurs if exceeded
- String-type Data Items can be used in conjunction with some automated Steps (such as Message Start Event (email)) to retain data received from external sources
- [Update Data] can update String-type Data Items with Process data automatically
- Tutorial: Design a User-Friendly Input Form
- Tutorial: Let’s Set the Title Automatically
- Tutorial: Who Can View Business Data of the Issue, and Who Can’t?
- R2053: Format of the Dynamic Initial Value
- R2131: HTML Tags Available for Operation Form
- R2272: Output of Strings via EL syntax
- M205: Business Data Items
- M206: Mandatory Check and Input Format Check on Each Data Item
- M207: Setting Initial Values of Data Items
- M227: Auto Executing Data Binding, Arithmetic Operations