- In order to input/edit a Data Item, the editing permission at the Task must have been set to “Editable”
- Regular expressions can be used to restrict the input data to specific formats such as email addresses, zip codes, etc.
- The initial value in String-type Data Item is limited to 8000 characters and an error occurs if exceeded
- String-type Data Items can be used in conjunction with some automated Steps (such as Message Start Event (email)) to retain data received from external sources
- Service Task (Data Assignment) can update String-type Data Items with Process data automatically
- Tutorial: Let’s Set the Title Automatically
- Tutorial: Who Can View Business Data of the Issue, and Who Can’t?
- R2051: Input Control and System Limits
- R2053: Format of the Dynamic Initial Value
- R2272: Automatic Assignment to String Type
- M205: Business Data Items
- M206: Mandatory Check and Input Format Check on Each Data Item
- M207: Setting Initial Values of Data Items
- M227: Auto Executing Data Binding, Arithmetic Operations