About Performance after Ver. 11.6 Release

Hi, I’m a technology officer of Questetra.

In Questetra, we are conducting a variety of surveillance to detect if there is anything wrong on Questetra BPM Suite. Among the subjects of those surveillances, “Response time” is one of them. “Response time” is the time it took for the server to return a response after receiving a request from the browser. Since Questetra BPM Suite has various functions, there are some features that are light in processing and fast response, others are heavy processing and time-consuming. Even so, I am trying to monitor the whole thoroughly and collectively.

Regarding “Response time”, an increase (that is, a decrease in response performance) is observed since 11.6.0 release (2018-03-12). Below is a chart of 2 weeks before and after 2018-03-12. The upper chart is “90th percentile value” and the lower one is “average value”. “90th percentile value” is the value that is located 90% of the whole when the response time is arranged in shortest order. The vertical axis is in microseconds and the horizontal axis is in units of 12 hours for both of charts.

The performance deteriorates temporarily just after the new version is released, because the cache is cleared etc. After that, it supposed to become a state of stable, but it is in a situation where deterioration can be observed in before and after 11.6.0 release.

I assume that it is probably the result of changes we made to something related to the entire platform. What something related to the entire platform is, for example, version up of the framework used in Questetra BPM Suite, change of database setting, etc. However, for now, the reason is not clear.

I will announce you when I find out anything about this issue.

%d bloggers like this: